Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Day + 21 - Going Home!

Michelle is going home tomorrow – Thursday February 23rd!  The good news doesn’t stop there either.  Shelly’s white blood count is almost to the low end of normal.  Her counts are coming up and they look fantastic!  She still has a lot of healing that needs to take place and must be really careful until mid-May to not be around any sick people.  There is nothing like returning home after a vacation, I’m sure there will be nothing like returning home after a months stay in the hospital.
Here are her counts for the last several days.


Monday 2/20
Tuesday 2/21
WBC
1.33
1.81
HGB
33.8
33.1
PLT
227
264
ANC
.7
.9


The throat is beginning to show signs of improvement.  She has been off of the nutrition supplement for several days and she is eating ok for everything she has been through.  Shelly continues to exercise everyday by riding the stationary bike and going for walks in the corridor.  She’ll miss the stationary bike, but it will feel good to go for walks in her yard. 
You have accomplished hard things Shelly.  There will still be hard things to come, but the road is definitely getting smoother!

3 comments:

Chardon said...

Keep going Michelle!!! You have been doing so good! I am so happy to hear that you are going home!! I can't wait to see you when you get better!!!! I love you so Michel Michelle!!! Keep fighting and you will succeed!!!!$

MaPa said...

Home, home, home! Can thee be anything better? I am so excited for you to sleep in your OWN bed...no midnight or 4 am vitals, no attachments (goodbye pole), no beep's, just the sound of Steve's gentle snoring. I have thanked the Lord all day that you were able to walk OUT of the hospital and INTO your own home. ENJOY! I LOVE YOU Michelle.

Chardon said...

It was so good to see you a few days ago!! I was not expecting to actually be allowed to come inside!! You look so great! I would not have even guessed that you just got released from the hospital!! I love you so much!! And I hope to see you again soon!