Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Day + 13 - ENGRAFTMENT!

It's official.  She's engrafting!  This means the bone marrow transplant worked!  This is the best Valentine's Day EVER!  Dr. Wei said her numbers are definitely coming up.  Tomorrow they will double, by Thursday they should reach 500 and continue to double every day on out.

Michelle has been a miraculous patient to the doctors.  She is only their second patient to never have a fever and get some sort of infection.  Even though she had the CDIFF, she never had an infection.  Most patients retain 30-40 lbs. of water because of diminished kidney and liver function.  Shelly hasn't retained any water at all, meaning her kidneys and liver have continued to function properly.  She is still throwing up, but that is due to the mucous in her throat and the sores.  It is still very difficult for her to talk.  However, with the numbers coming up, each day she will improve and be able to fight off infection and all these things will begin to heal.

Tonight she has a Valentine's Date not only with Steve, but Dr. Wei said he'll be joining them since he has no date and she is his favorite patient.  Thank you for your prayers.  I know this is why Michelle has had miracle upon miracle bless her life these past few months.  The final destination has not been reached yet, but it is in sight.  I believe in miracles.  I believe in angels, and I believe in the power of the priesthood.  All these things have been evident in Michelle's life over the past several weeks!  Happy Valentine's Day Shelly!  This is one I know you will not soon forget!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hurray!!! Keep going Michelle!!!

Gina said...

I am so happy for you! Your faith and prayers and those of everyone else have worked! I admire your courage, and know you will be well soon. Have a great Valentine date!

Life for the Pillings said...

Hooray!!! So glad to hear this! What an awesome Valentines gift!

Chardon said...

YAY!YAY!YAY!YAY!!!!!!!!

That is so exciting!! I am so happy for you!! What a perfect Valentines Day!!

Page family said...

So, so very happy! Continuing to pray for you Michelle! Robyn, thank you so much for keeping all of us updated! Gerald thank you for your sacrifice!!!

wandaluce.blogspot.com said...

I wanted to jump up and cheer when I read this! I get up for work at a.m. every morning, but you were always one of the first people on my mind, and I would check this blog every day to follow your progress. Congratualtions!