Thursday, February 2, 2012

Day 1 - Goals!

We've made it through the transplant and her Re-Birthday!  This morning Shelly is getting a blood transfusion which is normal considering the chemo that she has been through.  She is making such huge improvements today.  As I walked into the room today she was sitting up in her bed and had a huge smile of greeting for me.  Smiles have been missing for the last several days.  Also missing as of late has been Shelly's fun-loving personality, but don't you worry.  It is back today along with her full belly laughter.

Improvements I've noticed that she has made today are: the fully belly laughter, the ability to carry on a conversation, zip in her step and the ability to walk by herself to the bathroom, color in her face, sitting up in bed, the desire for food (she even licked the lid of her applesauce), combing her hair on her own, and setting goals for herself today.

Michelle has set some goals that she would like to accomplish today.  They consist of: taking a shower and washing her hair, go for a walk, eat food and keep it down.  They may sound like simple goals to those of you who have not seen her, but to those of us that have been with her, these are ambitious yet do-able goals.  One goal that she didn't mention, but is understood, GO STEM CELLS, GO!!!
After her shower today!

4 comments:

Heather Harbaugh said...

I'm so proud of you Shelly!! I love you soooo much!! Muah!

Perry's said...

I am so glad to her you are doing better. I have missed your smile. I can not wait to see it.

Chardon said...

That is so good!!! I am so glad you are doing better!! I LOVE YOU!!

Brenda Overton said...

All of this and you still are beautiful! Keep it up and hope to see you soon. Love and hugs.