Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Gift

My admiration for my big brother increased by 100 fold today.  He has given of himself willing and completely to save Michelle's life.  All this he has done without complaint.  These are the things that heros do.  Gerald does not like the attention on himself, in fact, he does not really like me posting anything about his end of this process.  However, this blog will someday be made into a book or a journal for Michelle and we want to have all sides of the story told.

I just returned from visiting Gerald in the BMT Unit.  The Lord definetly knew Gerald was the right donor.  By early estimations it looks like there is no need for him to return tomorrow.  There will be enough stem cells collected today!  This is awesome news for him as well as for Shelly. 
The stem cell collection machine.
Gerald: one cord port taking out the blood
and one port returning the blood.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thinking about you and praying for you and your family. Go get 'em!

Megan said...

Gerald is a true hero! So happy that he doesn't have to have more stem cells harvested tomorrow! We love you both. We are praying for you night and day!

Chardon said...

I just want to give a shout out to Gerald. You are doing something big. Something that is not only effecting you and Michelle, but all of us. We are all so grateful to you!!

Good luck tomorrow Michelle!! We all love you so much and know that this surgery will go so well, because of all the prayers that are coming to you. LOVE YOU!!!!

Michelle said...

Gerald, I don't know how I will ever be able to repay you for saving my life. I love you!! You're my Hero!!

Love, Michelle