Monday, January 30, 2012

Chemo Day Six - Baptismal Covenants

I spoke too soon yesterday morning.  Shortly after I left, Michelle was started on a new chemo regime.  Her body did not like this one AT ALL.  I'm not sure if she had an allergic reaction, or if her body was just hypersensitive, but she developed a rash all over and her face and mouth felt like they were on fire.  That was only the beginning of the down side to her day.  Sunday was her worst day so far.  Too say the least, she was very sick and is now very weak. 

Sunday night demonstrated just how weak she has become.  There is now an alarm on her bed notifying the nurses when she is out of her bed.  Last night she passed out in the bathroom and woke up finding herself on the floor.  We're now going to have around the clock care staying with her at the hospital just to make sure that doesn't happen again. 

Shelly has her last chemo treatment today.  They are going to take precautions before hand in an attempt to avoid some of the symptoms that she experienced yesterday.  Her nurse Kim is on top of it today.  She is making every attempt to help Shelly stay comfortable and be ahead of the nausea.

Yesterday as I was sitting in church I was reminded of the baptismal covenants each of us have made.  Not only did we take upon us the name of Christ but we promised to bear one another's burdens and comfort those that stand in need of comfort.  Each of you are fulfilling your covenant as you continue to pray for Michelle.  Shelly along with all of us really do feel your strength and your prayers.  Thank you.

Several of you have asked where to send cards, you are welcome to send them to the hospital (I don't have that address yet), to her home: 1030 S. Orchard Drive, Bountiful, UT  84010 or to her parents home: 374 E. 1650 S. Bountiful, UT  84010.  If you send them to either of these addresses there is someone coming in to the hospital everyday and they will get to her.  As always, you can leave a comment here or on her facebook page.

Gerald has 2 more shots coming tomorrow and will also have the stem cells harvested.  His day will start bright and early at 7:00 am with a surgical procedure and then the harvest taking about 9 fun filled hours.

Again, we are so grateful to all of you for your continued support, love, and prayers.

6 comments:

Perry's said...

I am sorry to hear. I wish I would have stayed the night to help you out. We love you and are praying for you.

Heather Harbaugh said...

I feel so bad that you were so sick when we came to see you! I love you so much and my prayers are with you always!! Chin up, Shelly!

Chardon said...

I am so sorry that your day was not a very good one. I wish there is something more that I could do for you than just pray for you. But hopefully they are working! LOVE YOU!!

Garret said...

Hi mom,

I love you! Today I have read through the posts on this blog and have been filled with emotion. Words don't seem antiquate to describe my emotional reaction over the trial you are going through.

We wish that we could be there by your side.

Love,

Garret

Page family said...

Michelle,
I love you! My prayers are with you and Gerald (and your families) daily!!! Feeling helpless and wishing I could do more!!! Sending lots of hugs, smiles (and even some tears) your way! Love ya!!!! Carlynn

Wendell said...

Michelle, I want you to know that I am praying for you. I will do all I can to make it so Steve can be with you as much as possible. With the Lord's blessings, we will be okay. I know where he needs to be. " Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.
16 Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me.
Isaiah 49:15-16 He never forgets. I love you, Michelle. Wendell