Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chemo Day Two – Searching for a Donor

Michelle and Gerald
At the announcement of Michelle’s diagnosis and only cure being a bone marrow transplant, preferably from a sibling, all seven siblings immediately without question offered to be tested.  Some of us were insistent, even prayed that he/she would be the match.  I personally prayed so hard to Heavenly Father to allow me the opportunity to give of myself for Shelly’s survival.  Yep, as usual, Heavenly Father had a very specific plan in mind with a very specific donor.  The phone calls came early one morning to BOTH brothers.  They each were a perfect match!  Further testing and A LOT of blood draws indicated that Gerald would be best suited to donate his stem cells to Michelle’s recovery.  Yeah for miracles!

3 comments:

Chardon said...

We love you Michelle!! This blog has been so much fun for me to read! This was a really good idea!! So thanks Robyn!! I check it about 5 times a day to see what is going on! We are still praying for you! Me and Kenzington talk about you everyday!! I just love you so much and know that you are going to get through this just fine! I just love you so much, and want to be part of your everyday life, once again, What a great idea for this blog!!! LOVE YA!!!

Chardon said...

I JUST LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Thank you so much for the daily blog posts!