Sunday, January 29, 2012

Chemo Day Five - A Good Day!

Today is a great day!  Michelle is sitting up in bed, eaten all her breakfast (which I might add looked disgusting), and has had a few laughs on Gerald's behalf.  It is only 10:00 am and she has already had 7 visitors: her Bishopric, Dad, me, Gerald and Cindy.  Yesterday after having some good naps, mac n'cheese for dinner and watching a BEAUTIFUL sunset with her mom, she felt marginally better than the day began.  Your prayers have been felt and have made a difference.

During the morning visit, the gifts she has received were discussed.  Dad felt bad because mom and him have not brought in a card yet (you have to know that for dad it is ALL about the card).  I replied that I hadn't either, but I gave Shelly the jammies she is wearing.  Gerald had to show off and top it off by responding that he too had not given her a card, but that his gift will be given on Tuesday.  He sucks!  No one can top that.  All in all it has been a good morning full of friends, family, love and laughter for Michelle.

6 comments:

Chardon said...

Michelle, you will not believe how many gifts you will recieve. When I was in my ATV accident, I swear, it was Christmas for 4 weeks straight!! I am glad to hear that you are having a good day!! LOVE YOU!!!

Patricia said...

You're getting there, one day, one step at a time. Your re-birthday will be a special day you will always remember and commemorate with your brother. In the meantime, there are LOTS of different anti-nausea drugs, talk to the docs and try them out, find the one(s) that help the most. Compazine worked best for me. And if you can, try Carnation Breakfast Essentials in a chocolate milk shake....Today is good, and that is great! There will be a few more bad days ahead, but then it will all be up and up and up....You can do it! You're well on your way.

Teri S said...

Just checking in on you today. Hope all is going well as can be expected. I sent Keiko an email and the link to your blog, so she could follow your progress. Is it possible for you or Robyn, to post your contact information for cards, letters and gifts???
You, Steve and the family are in our prayers.

pj said...

Hey Shell Debi and I were wondering if you needed blood donated? I am glad you had a good morning! I love you and am praying for you and Gerald!

Becci said...

Sleep well tonight. It was so great to visit with you. Know that you are in my prayers also..love you

Gina said...

I'm so glad you were feeling better on Sunday, and had a happy day! I wish I could have cheered you up on Saturday! You know I'm not very funny, though. I hope today is another good day. I'm praying for you always, and planning for all the fun we will have as soon as you are done with this. I love you! Gina