Friday, January 27, 2012

Chemo Day Four - Pucky!

Okay, so I’m the sister that is telling this story, and I’m known for “saying it like it is.”  Up to this point things have been pretty good for Michelle considering that she has cancer.  Things changed a bit today and I’m not going to sugar coat this tale too much.  It has not been a great day for Shelly.  She has felt pucky and emotional all day.  However; through it all she has still kept a smile on her face, forced down food she didn’t want to eat, and taken her routine walks around the BMT Unit.  Chemo starts to cause the brain to be fuzzy.  We refer to this affectionately as chemo brain.  Today was the first day that Michelle really felt like “chemo brain” might be setting in.  Thank heavens it is only temporary and yet she somehow managed to play ten rounds of golf (the card game) with mom, almost beating her.  Around 5:00 pm she was freed from all her wires and allowed to take a walk out of the BMT Unit.  She walked around the 6th floor for quite a while, until the cafeteria smells got the best of her sending her to retreat in her room.
I know today was a tough one Shelly and I’m sure there will be a few more along this journey, but I am still inspired by your strength, courage, and grace in which you continue to endure and fight the fight.  As Charlotte would say “chin up,” because you’re “terrific!”

8 comments:

Chardon said...

Keep going Michelle you are doing good!!! I LOVE YOU!!! And thanks Robyn for such a great blog!! I will keep the Young Women updated!!!! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

Amanda Bria said...

I love you Chelle Bell! Stay strong sexy lady!

Robyn said...

Hey Amanda,
Prayers are coming your way too pretty girl. Let us know when you're up at Huntsman and we'll come visit. You are one tough cookie!

Perry's said...

You're doing great. I wish I could come be with yoyou more. I love you.

Chardon said...

It is a good thing you can walk around!! I thought that you were not aloud outside of your room!!! That is so good!!! LOVE YA!!

Unknown said...

Michelle, You are such an inspiration to everyone. For going thru such a rough time, and still have a smile on your face! You are one tough chick! I love that picture of you and Steve - you can see the love between the two of you. Keep hanging . . . and know how much you are loved!

Wendy

Jocelyn said...

What a priceless photo of Steve and Michelle! I am so sad that this day has come that you are really feeling it Michelle! When you are weak and feel like you cannot go on. Read "the footprints in the sand" I wish I was there to comfort you! Hopefully this story will give you the love and comfort you need.

The Simple Things said...

You are definately in our thoughts and prayers!! Your courage and strength help me want to be better!!
Love,
Wittwers